Globetrotting Kids: Camel Riding

A few days ago Ethan and I went out into the desert in India.

Driving the Dunes

Driving the Dunes

We rode in this cool buggy. It went up hills and then we went down really big hills. It reminded me of the Rock’n roller coaster in Disney.  My mom was scared. :)

After we got up on two camels. It was like getting on another ride at Disney – The Tower of Terror. At least when it was going down it felt like that.

Getting up Camel

Getting up

When we were walking  in the desert my mom was Terrified!!! It felt bumpy but I wasn’t scared.

Camel Cam

I asked if the camel could run. The man said yes and he took me for a ride.

camel cam run

Running on the camel

When we were  in the desert I got off and took some photos of it then I went back  on again and  then it ran sooo fast I bumped my butt on the camel!

I liked the ride. I would rate it a 5 out of 5.

camel end

WE DID IT

Then we went to have some hot chocolate and snacks in the desert. It was awesome.

My mom says: Thanks to Samsara luxury resort and Suryagarh for organizing our great adventure.

Jen Maier, urbanmoms February 5, 2012, 1:14 PM

The original thrill ride! Awesome. I will live vicariously as I am afraid of even riding horses. You are an adventurer, Cam!

Maija @ Maija's Mommy Moments February 6, 2012, 8:15 AM

Riding a camel looks like so much fun.  When I was your age the only camel I had ever ridden was at the Toronto Zoo (and the zoo keepers were definitely not allowing us to run on them).  Hopefully one day I will get to ride (and run!) on a camel in India too.

Markawilson February 7, 2012, 10:42 AM

Cammie,  thanks for telling us about your adventures, keep writing and maybe you’ll be a good as your Mom one day!

Hermagreenwood February 7, 2012, 12:33 PM

That was a great story.  Ireaiiy enjoyed it. Looking forwarw to more memorable adventure.

Costa Mesa CVB February 8, 2012, 11:43 AM

What a grand adventure! I bet most of your friends would be willing to trade in a ride on the Tower of Terror for a camel ride in the desert. Not something many people can say they did.

Margarette Livie038 February 10, 2012, 3:42 PM

Way to go Cameron!   I love camel riding too and would also rate it 5 out of 5.