Planning a Babymoon? Here Are Some Tips!
It has been called your last “hurrah.” A babymoon is a chance to get away, relax and reconnect as a couple (or with your girlfriends), before your little one arrives. And it has become very popular lately.
It isn’t just for first time parents, but can be for anyone expecting the life changes that come when a newborn takes over sleep patterns, daily routines and couple and friend time.
I was on The Social recently to talk with hosts Melissa and Cynthia about babymoons. I shared these tips.
- Connect with your doctor before you plan your trip. Some airlines and cruise ships require that you present a letter and not having one can mean no trip for you;
- Think about the food (you’re pregnant, after all)! Do resorts have a la carte options so you can grab fresher food?;
- At a spa, you’ll want to investigate what treatments are offered and right for a pregnant woman – look for an RMT and stay away from the hot tub;
- You want to think about insurance and planning for “what if”. What’s your Plan B if you suddently need medical attention?
- Carry important documentation, pre-natal vitamins and anything that would wreck your trip if you didn’t have it, in your carry on!
For more tips, as well as recommendations for resorts offering babymoon packages, watch my appearance on The Social! Got Babymoon tips of your own? Share them below!