The Globetrotting Kids…speak!

For months I’ve been telling you all about my sons Ethan (8) and Cameron (6) and you can be sure that going forward you’ll hear a lot more. As I’ve said, Ish and I always talked about traveling the world together but having these two boys upped the ante. Now, not only would we have the chance to see the world, we’d have the privilege of watching our two sons experience it as well. It’s our hope that what they see and hear on this trip will affect the way they live their lives.

And so, while I’ll continue to include them in my reports back to you, you’ll also hear their thoughts straight from the horse’s mouth. If you (or your kids) have questions for the boys send them along. I know they’d love to get the mail. Post them in the comments below or email them at thedavisfamily@globetrottingmama.com

Without further ado.. the Globetrotting Kids. (all spelling mistakes and grammar misses are their own.;))

Hello. Our names are Ethan and Cameron and this is what we did so far. So we went to a chocolate store and to the forks. We did see how they made their chocolate. We saw some of the pow wow and we played in the Manitoba Kids Museum. We are in Winnipeg Manitoba saying hello :-) !!

Here are a few pictures:

trolley mantioba

We had a peek in this trolley museum on our way to The Forks

Crazy Cameron

Cameron is so crazy.

more crazy Cameron

More crazy Cameron

slide at children's museum

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

canada day dune buggy

Happy Canada Day (and happy birthday to my friend Nicholas D.)

fishing shore

We went fishing!

Mahatma Gandhi

In front of the Canadian Museum of Human Rights we saw this statue of Mahatma Gandhi

Grizzly Bear at Forks

Hanging with a grizzly bear

Assiniboine Park

We played in this park. It is very cool.

statue Cameron

Even more crazy Cameron :)

flag pocket

diane July 4, 2011, 9:48 PM

awwww how sweet to hear from the boys . Love it and cant wait to read more . Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen Maier, urbanmoms July 4, 2011, 10:14 PM

Hi Cameron and Ethan. Why are you so far away? When will I see you?

Love, Meg

Thedavisfamily July 5, 2011, 3:35 AM

You will see us in one year with lots to tell you about our trip and we are having so much fun now. See you in a year. We will miss you a lot! – E and C

Wag53 July 5, 2011, 1:24 AM

Thanks for the update. It is  so  nice to  hear  your story in your own words. We will  look  forward to  hearing  from  the  boys on a regular basis.

Thedavisfamily July 5, 2011, 2:26 AM

Thank you a lot for telling us that and we’ll make another one soon. – Cam and E

Bonnie Upton July 4, 2011, 11:50 PM

Hi Davis Family!  This is for for the boys from my son Jacob “Are your parent’s driving you crazy yet??” sigghhh Ok he’s 13 so take from that what you will!  He has travelled with me for many years as well to Europe and other places and just this year he decided he’s going to stay home while my sister and I go to Poland.  I’m so grateful I did alot of trips before now with him, I think for the next few years we’ll take a break from the long ones from each other :)  Have an amazing time and we’re rooting you on!!

Thedavisfamily July 5, 2011, 2:30 AM

HI Jacob,
They are not driving us crazy yet. Are your parents driving you crazy? So far we are very good time but are you?

Holly Lenk July 6, 2011, 3:59 AM

LOVE the grizzly bear photo!  Just classic.  Glad to hear you enjoyed Wpg…lived there for 10 years and the summer is a wonderful time to explore with your family.  And don’t even get me started on the classic places to eat..from Sals to the Bridge Drive In!

Heather July 6, 2011, 10:00 AM

The kids are really hamming it up on this trip. It’s going to be on heck of a scrapbook when we’re done… Not to mention the ammunition I’ll have for their weddings ;)

Heather July 10, 2011, 3:03 AM

Holly, They LOVE that picture. Sends them in to fits of giggles every time.  :)

Carol Anne Williams July 6, 2011, 12:12 PM

How fun!  They are darling!  Love the pictures.  Especially love that last one with their little hats and the Canadian flag in the back pocket.
It tells you where they’ve been, but looks like they’re already looking for the next adventure.  Excellent!

Heather July 6, 2011, 9:57 AM

Ish snapped that pic but it is already one of my faves. Travel ing the world with Canada in their back pocket :)

Siempreac July 8, 2011, 2:41 AM

So jealous. We wish you guys continued fun, excitement, safety and great food of course. The candid photos are a great glimpse of the moment and environment. Look forward to more photos of you all. Big hug to all. Crespo Family

Heather July 10, 2011, 3:00 AM

Thanks! Don’t be jealous! Start planning! ;) Big hug back and see you in a year!

Kathy Buckworth July 8, 2011, 3:41 AM

Ah love your photo of Assiniboine Park! Growing up in Winnipeg that is the greatest spot.  Love that you’re exploring Western Canada first before heading “off-shore”. Canada is amazing and every province is unique.  Love reading your posts GTMama.

Heather July 10, 2011, 3:00 AM

Thanks Kathy. It’s been a real eye-opener. Love this country.

Billyc July 8, 2011, 12:14 PM

[from my son]  I know that Ethan is 8. My name is Owen, and I am 8, too. My dad told me you guys like to play soccer. We’re big fans and like to play soccer, too! I think that it will be fun to see how your trip is going. I think it was cool to see what Canada is like and where you guys are. Bye for now.

Thedavisfamily July 10, 2011, 2:59 AM

What a coincidence! How did you know about me? We are now in Calgary and we’re going to be moving to Vancouver pretty soon. Keep in touch! Sincerely, Ethan
p.s. Keep looking at our website for new stuff.

I’m doing good but how are you doing? Do you live in Toronto? Talk to you soon! Cameron

Karla July 10, 2011, 8:59 AM

Hi Heather and family!
Good luck on your adventure, I love what you are doing!  My husband and I and our two children (7 and 3 years) just moved to Auckland New Zealand from Calgary in January of this year… if you have any plans to come to little old NZ please let me know!  Look forward to reading about your travels, have fun!

Heather Greenwood Davis July 13, 2011, 1:04 AM

Hi Karla,
We are planning on being in New Zealand in early fall. Love that we now already know someone there :)