How you can Join Us on our trip around the world

Here’s the thing about this trip around the world: While you can’t leave your office or kitchen table and climb into our suitcases (no, seriously you can’t),  we are hoping that you’ll join in on our travels through this blog and a number of outlets where we’ll be sharing our experiences (more on that later).

We’re also hoping that you’ll share the information that you’ve gleaned through your own travels.

Have a favourite pub in London? I want to know. Is there an out of the way park in Capetown that shouldn’t be missed? Tell us that too. Does your Uncle Bob run a shop in a town we’re passing through? We’d be happy to pop in and say hi.

E with the locals (peru)The thing I love about this country is how many other countries we bring here. A lot of you have friends and family in places we’ll be visiting and I would love an opportunity to chat with them (and maybe dinner? too much? we’d bring wine…) when we’re there.

For every location we’re visiting we’ll set up a Destination page.  We’d love it if you’d add your suggestions in the comments of each upcoming stop.

Our first leg on the route takes us through Western Canada and our first stop is….Winnipeg, Manitoba!

I’m looking forward to learning about Louis Riel, celebrating a western Canada Canada Day and checking out the TEN spa among other things while we’re in the city and surroundings from June 30 – July 3.

The Destination page is here. Click on over and add your tips, suggestions, must-dos to the comments. And if I’m truly making a mistake in leaving out something, let me know that too and I’ll try to rectify it.

We appreciate your help.

And while the suitcase is fairly full, the offer is always open:If you’re going to be where we are, let us know that too.

We’d love to see you. :)

Lula Lola June 10, 2011, 2:16 PM

Very exciting!  I bet you’ll get a virtual treasure trove of insights!

Heather Greenwood Davis June 10, 2011, 6:24 PM

I’m hoping so! The goal is to create a database that everyone can access for travel with great insights from locals. Hope you’ll share yours too :)

Carol Perehudoff June 14, 2011, 2:29 PM

I am so excited for you – Winnipeg! What  could be more thrilling? Saskatoon, of course! Enjoy your Canadian leg of the Round-the-world trip. (Oh, wait – enjoy both your Canadian legs, and the Canadian destinations, too.)

Heather June 17, 2011, 6:54 PM

Carol you are the best. Made me laugh out loud. You’ll see, it’ll be awesome!

Annie S June 29, 2011, 2:38 AM

Godspeed mes amis!

Heather July 1, 2011, 8:40 AM

Thanks Annie

Damos1 July 3, 2011, 7:35 PM

Hey guys,

Enjoy, good luck and God Bless…

Heather July 3, 2011, 10:31 PM

Thanks!

jessica rodrigues July 10, 2011, 4:41 PM

this is amazing! last year, my boyfriend and i took the year to travel the world- 1 year, 21 countriers, 79 cities on 3 continents..the best year of our lives..we often talk of taking our future kids one day on a trip, just as you are doing…i saw your article on msn and am over the moon happy for you and your family! brilliant and i can just imagine how much your children will learn and how well rounded, ahead of their time, adults they will be….i’m from winnipeg, and in calgary, so from one canadian to another, all the best adventures in your travels!!!

Heather Greenwood Davis July 13, 2011, 1:02 AM

Jessica,
Your trip sounds awesome! It is a reminder of how much of the world there is still left to see. 79 cities on 3 continents! Amazing!

Tiffany July 10, 2011, 7:46 PM

I can not tell you how wonderful I think it is that you can and are doing this for your family and your children! Our institution of education is so restrictive and often so small minded. Going to school is not supposed to be just about learning facts, it is about growing, becoming critical thinkers, and letting our creativity flourish – these are things your children will get in tenfold compared to the ones sitting like the little drones they are expected to behave like in the classroom.

Heather Greenwood Davis July 13, 2011, 1:01 AM

Appreciate you weighing in Tiffany. I have a great respect for the school system and my kids have been lucky enough to have some amazing teachers. I just want to expose them to another way of learning. I think there’s room for both!

Erica July 10, 2011, 9:31 PM

Nothing can compare to real life experiences!  Afterwards they can put together a photo book of their travels.  You are fortunate to be able to have this opportunity.

Heather Greenwood Davis July 13, 2011, 1:00 AM

Thanks Erica. We do realize how lucky we are to have this chance…on so many levels.